Friday, August 31, 2012

Dry Bones

Ezekial 37:1.... The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones...
.2. And caused me to pass by them round about; and behold there were very many in the open valley; and tho they were very dry....
 3. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest


I have always loved the story in Ezekial where he was in the valley of dry bones. I can just imagine bones everywhere. And the bones weren't laying body by body. Nope, Henry had a leg bone here next to Roy's ribs, and Melvin's arm bone was over there with Jack's skull....you get the idea....

Some commentaries I read said that Ezekial didn't really go anywhere, to a valley full of bones. To me it doesn't matter if he "actually" was there. He saw it, that I believe in.

What would you think if you saw a valley full of dry bones? Probably freak out. And what would you think if the Lord God asked you if those old, dry bones can live?

Would you answer the same way Ezekial did? I would probably have answered no. But thankfully Ezekial knew the right answer...Only you Lord knows the answer to that......

Those old dry bones represented Israel at the time. As always they were in turmoil with the Lord. But God loved them so much he was not going to give up on them and was going to revive them . They were and are God's chosen.....

But because God sent his son, Jesus, to earth as a human, to die for and take away our sins, we are his chosen too. He did that because he loves us all and doesn't want to see anyone perish.

Today those old dry bones represent us. A nation that is turmoil. We sit on our pews, if we go to church, and say come on Lord, move me if you can. We sit and look at our watches, wishing the pastor would hurry up because there is a ballgame coming on in a few minutes. We wonder about where and what we are going to eat for lunch. We have a hard time sitting in church for an hour.
We go to church because we are christians and its the right thing to do.

But do we listen to the sermon? Do we listen to the songs that we sing? Or are we just mouthing the words?
 We have let our morals go. We seem to not care anymore. We need to stand for God!

We need to teach our children about God and Jesus. We need to tell them about how he loves us and what he has done for us. We need to teach them to pray to the Holy Father and to listen when he speaks.

We need to get on fire for the Lord. We need to let our dry bones come alive and start working for the Lord. We have to take a stand, lift up our voices and our hands and say Come on Lord, here I am, use me!!!!!!!!  Breathe your spirit in us Lord. Revive us Lord!!!!!!!! Instead of "move me if you can" we need to be, " Here I am, use me!!!!!!!!!!"

I know there are a lot of we needs in this, but if we let God breathe his spirit in us, things can and will change. The Lord will bless us. We will revive as a mighty army for the Lord!!!

Take a few minutes and click on this link and listen to this song. It's Casting Crown's song Spirit Wind.

http://youtu.be/i6wzWV5bA2s


Dear Lord, Thank you for your loving  kindness. Thank you Lord for your spirit. Thank you Lord for your blessings on your people. Lord I pray that you breathe your life into these old dry bones of ours so that we can become an army of mighty warriors for you.Only you Lord, only you can breathe that spirit into us.. Thank you Lord for forgiveness. Move us Lord, Move us in a mighty way. Move us off our pews and put us into battle for you. Fire us up! Lead , guide and direct our paths Lord.
In Jesus name I pray.....Amen

Blessings ,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment