Sunday, October 21, 2012

What I Am

Do you ever wonder "what you are"?

When we meet someone new, we usually associate what we do with who we are.

If I am "only" what I do for a living, I'm not much. I am a low paid factory worker, who is broke and struggling to pay her bills.

I could get all depressed and sad about this. And I do sometimes.

But during these times I have noticed something.

I realized life goes on around me. Whether I have money or not. The world doesn't stop turning when I'm broke or hurting.

So if I just think that is who I am, where is the hope of something better?

During these times, I go to my Bible and read. And if I believe the Bible, I am so much more than a low paid factory worker.

Here is a short list of what I am............

I am a child of God....Galatians 3:26 For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
I have a heavenly Father. He loves and protects me. He is always there for me. He is my daddy, and I love him dearly.

I am blessed...............Ephesians 3:6 And this is God's plan; Both Gentiles and Jews who believe the Good News share equally in the riches inherited by God's children. Both are part of the same body, and both enjoy the promise of blessings because they belong to Christ Jesus.
Blessings don't always mean money. I am blessed with a wonderful family, multiple church families, a job, a good home and friends. I am blessed because Jesus chose to die on that cross for my sins. And I chose to accept his most wonderful gift and serve him.

I am redeemed.............Psalm 34:22  But the Lord will redeem those who serve him. No one who takes refuge in him will be condemned.
I looked up the definition of the word "redeemed".
........to free from the consequences of sin...........
CONSEQUENCES OF SIN = A life of eternal damnation.... That's not for me......And I don't want it to be for you

Because of what Jesus did by dying on that cross, he paid my sin bill in full. I sin everyday. I am not blameless. But I can ask for forgiveness, and he is faithful to grant it.

It is time for me to confess who I am to myself each day. I need to stop listening to the devil, who says I am not anything on my list.

So listen to this devil.......I am a child of the most high God!
I am blessed beyond measure. Beyond my wildest dreams. I can do all things through my Father God!
I am redeemed! Yes redeemed! My sins have been paid for! Bought and paid in full! And I choose to follow God!


Listen to this great video by Big Daddy Weave. It's called Redeemed.

I love this song, it speaks to me more than any song has in a long time. I got the soundtrack yesterday so I could sing it at early praise service today. It is an awesome song....Enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/VzGAYNKDyIU

Truly Blessed,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment