Saturday, September 1, 2012

Worry is a Waste of Time

1 Peter 5:7   Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Casting all care.....How many of us do that?
Isn't it easier to worry and fret about something, and try our best to take care of a situation ourselves, than turn it over to the Lord?


How's that working out for you? I know it doesn't work for me. I like to think I don't worry, but I do.....A LOT!!!!!!

Having to make all the decisions about everything in my life, money, will there be enough to last the month, what if I get sick and can't work, what will happen to me and my possessions?  It's Saturday night and I have to preach tomorrow....Oh Lord I know I'll mess it up........And on and on......

What is the worst thing that can happen ? I had always felt that if this one thing happened in my life I wouldn't be able to go on, to live. Thought I would die if this happened.....Well it happened and you know what I am a stronger person now than I was. I didn't die (even though sometimes I thought I would). I grew closer to my Lord and Savior. And for that I am eternally grateful. Because of it I want to do more for him. I want to serve him, anyway I can.

Matt. 6:27 and Luke 12:25 .......And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?   Both say the same thing, just worded a little different. But the meaning is this......

What good does worry do? Can it change a situation in your life? Is it going to make you more prosperous?

No amount of fretting or worrying about something will add to your height or improve your life.....

And when we worry about something we are not showing our faith in God.
 OUCH!!!!!!       That hurt....

We (I) need to start trusting God more. We are his children and he won't let us down.

I was blessed this month because God's been giving me my sermon for tomorrow for 3 weeks now. But still I'm nervous.  I don't want to let him down. I want to do my best, I want to give him my best, because of what he has done for me.

So what we (I) need to do is to seek him and pray. Seek him through his word. Pray his word. When we stop worrying and fretting over every little thing and put our complete trust in God, then he will bless us beyond measure.

Like the song says.......Don't Worry......Be Happy

Dear Lord, I thank you for all your many blessings. I ask, Lord, that you increase our unbelief in what you can and will do in our lives. I know Lord that nothing is impossible with you. Lord I pray that we learn to seek you in our times of trouble and to lean on you at all times.
Lead, guide and direct our paths in the ways we need to go.
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen

Blessings,
Kathy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment