Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Good Day

Have you ever had a just wonderful day?

 They are rare for me sometimes.

But the Lord has given me two good days in a row!!!!!!

Friday I spent the whole afternoon with two wonderful people I met a few years ago.

They are such a godly couple, it is a joy to be around them.

They have been married over 50 years and you can tell they love and respect each other deeply.

He is a practical joker, but she has gotten a few good laughs over on him. Oh the stories they told me about the places they had lived and the people they had met, most of which they are still in contact with. I think that is awesome because most people I have known my whole life are hard to stay in touch with.

They are undoubtedly my biggest supporters (other than immediate family) in my journey into the ministry. They help me by just being an example of godly, christian people.  And I love them dearly.

He has been diagnosed with a form of leukemia. But he does not let it get him down. Always laughing and smiling. He may hide how bad he's feeling, but his wife says he perks up when he is studying the word and when he comes to church to teach. He teaches our Wednesday night Bible study class. And he is very knowledgeable in the word. There is a lot I can learn from him.

Did I mention I love them dearly??????

Then today,Saturday the church that I preach at one Sunday a month had a "Ladies Retreat".
They had a wonderful lady named Karen come and speak on the Empowerment of God. This lovely lady from Friday went with me
. We both enjoyed the fellowship with all the other ladies. God's spirit was all over that place.. They had wonderful singing and lunch. What a great time in the Lord!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, and I love these sweet sisters in Christ dearly too!!!!!! They don't know me and I don't know them. But because of God and his love , we can love each other and find joy in each other, and worship together!!!!! How awesome is that???!!!!!

Dear God, I thank you for these two wonderful days I have had. I thank you for your love, mercy and grace. I thank you for friends, for brothers and sisters in Christ. We are all one big family Lord. When one hurts, we hurt. When one rejoices, we rejoice !!! You are such an awesome God, and the love you have for us is hard to understand. But Lord, I praise you for all you do. Lead guide and direct our steps. Heal those who need your healing. We love and praise you!!!!!
Forgive us our sins. In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

Proverbs 17:17.....A friend loveth at all times.........







No comments:

Post a Comment