Saturday, November 24, 2012

Count Your Blessings

Well here it is. Thanksgiving.
 A day we have set aside to get together with family and friends to eat turkey and dressing.

 And to count our blessings.

We should be thankful every minute of every day. I try to be , but I know I fail at this. It's hard to try and remember to be thankful for every thing, all the time.

But the Bible says we are to be thankful in all things.

It's hard to be thankful when you don't feel good or you are tired.
I believe I had a gall bladder attack during Thanksgiving. It wasn't easy being thankful when your stomach felt like it was going to explode or whatever you ate was going to come back up. I didn't get to eat all I had planned, but I guess that was a good thing. At least I was off from work and could suffer at home by myself.

It's hard to be thankful when your child (no matter how old) is sick or hurting.
My boys are grown and married now, but when they hurt I hurt, when they are sick I want to make them feel better.

It's hard to be thankful when your marriage is falling apart.
I wasn't very thankful when this was happening, but looking back I see the how God was working.


It's hard to be thankful when you are in a low paying, going nowhere job.
But you don't have to stay in that low paying job. I have a few possibilities for the new year.


It's hard to be thankful when you see so much injustice in the world. People are hungry, hurting, abused , alone, scared...........

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I thank God for every trial, every blessing, every thing He has given me.

Blessings,
Kathy


No comments:

Post a Comment