Saturday, August 18, 2012

Faith in All Times

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.


I love the 11th chapter of Hebrews. It is one of my favorite top 5 books in the Bible.
When we can look at things, touch, taste or smell something , we know it's real. But faith is believing that something we cannot see, touch, taste or smell is there, working in our lives.

Just as the verse says, it's things hoped for, yet not seen.
I know God has great things in store for me. I have the faith that they wll come to pass. But in his time and not mine.
I am a very impatient person. I want things right now. But God has shown me that his plans for me are better than my own.I have to have faith, to believe that God will work things out.

I have had prayers anwered 2 minutes after I prayed . That happened this past week. And I have some prayers that have been prayed for a long time that haven't come to pass yet.
But I try to have the faith that God will answer.....In his time.

I recently answered a call to ministry. That alone was a huge leap of  faith for me. I am the shy, reserved type. A loner by nature.   Why would God want to use me? He uses me to show what he can do. And for me to show my faith in him.

By myself I can do nothing. If I am to preach, it can't be my words.  It has to come from him.
 Each sermon I have preached, I always ask him for guidance, for what to do the sermon on and for it to be his words and not mine that I speak.

Each time I am nervous until I get behind the pulpit. I have the faith that God will be with me and give me the words to say. And he always does.

But I lack faith in other areas. And really I shouldn't. I mean if he can give me a sermon where I have to stand in front of a group of people and speak,  then I should be able to have faith at other times.

If I had a greater faith in what God can do, I could lay these nasty cigarettes down and never smoke again. If I had faith in what God can do I could quit drinking so many Mountain Dews.

Jesus says in Matthew 17:20 that if we have faith as a grain of mustard seed, we can say to a mountain, remove from this place and it will be removed and nothing will be impossible for us. (paraphrased).

A mustard seed. One of the smallest things known. If we have only that much faith nothing will be impossible for us.

I need my faith to be stronger. I have to believe that every word in the Bible is true, and to apply it to my life in every area. I have to have the faith that whatever trial I go through, God is there with me fighting the battle for me.
I believe that faith and hope and trust all mean the same things. Many times when I have been at a low point in life and I pray to God for help or ask him why he will ask me, " Do you trust me?"

I have to trust that he knows what is best for me. I have to believe his word and have faith in his promises  that he will take care of me.

Dear Lord, I thank you Father for all your blessings on me. I ask that you increase my faith. That I come to you with everything Lord and ask for your will to be done and not mine. Forgive me Lord when I fail you. Give me the stength and courage to go and do your work. Make me the person you want me to be. I ask that you bless each and every person that reads this. Increase our faith in you. In Jesus name I pray...Amen

God Bless You,
Kathy




No comments:

Post a Comment